Friday, August 12, 2011

help fight famine in Africa ICROSS appeal

How can you help the worsening tragedy of suffering in Africa

You can get personally involved. You can help us get others involved. You can donate on line and you can ask your friends to donate. please share our links on your facebook, twitter and social media networks. You can help spread the word about poverty and how people can fight it. You can help us with fundraising. No matter how little every penny makes a difference and all your donation is spent where it matters serving the poorest of the poor. We need your help in this continued campaign during this terrible drought. We need every one to help no matter how they are able. If you can donate please do, If not please share our link with your friends. A growing number of children and mothers are suffering during this drought. There is increased dehydration, malnutrition, water borne disease, hunger and infectious disease among children and those most vulnerable , the old and the weak. ICROSS is working throughout its Rural health programmes preventing disease, reducing infections and improving water. With your help we can do more, and we need your help now.



For thirty years ICROSS has been working among tribal communities fighting poverty and ending suffering. We need your help right now. you can donate on http://www.icross-africa.net/ or through the store.




Here's a few comments from our friends

" I just donated a chicken that will give some child an egg every day, anyone can afford that" Jenny, 22 unemployed , London

"I I was not able to donate but I did share the web site with a few friends and one of them contributed towards girls education so it was worth the two minutes it took to do just that" Andrea,24 Student Nairobi

"ICROSS is very small but makes a real impact and because its personal I heard back what happened with my cash, I like the personal touch " Mary K, 45 Southampton

and from those we work with

" I could not go to school for days at a time every month, someone donated sanitary pads and now I don't miss school, Its a personal problem but many of my friends stopped school because of it, I don't know who helped me , but it has changed my future" Seleu, 16 Student


" My young sisters had become sick a lot and we had no money for food , no way of finding money, our cow died , then we had no milk or blood any day. ICROSS gave us a new cow and now they are having milk every day . without this they could have passed away " Thono 14 Maasai boy

" If I had not been helped I would be burying my daughter by now " Sigenan 23 Mother

Please send whatever you can and share our work with your friends.

http://icrossinternational.org/





















No comments: